The CIBW Photo-Id Project cannot respond to marine mammal strandings without authorization from NMFS.  If you witness a stranding, here is the information you will need to report it to the Alaska Marine Mammal Stranding Network.

How to Report Strandings to NMFS

Please let NMFS know if you see injured, entangled or dead whales, seals or sea lions in the water or on the beach. The most important information to collect is the date, location of stranding (including latitude and longitude), number of animals, and species. Please don't move or touch the animal. Contact Information

NOTE: If the stranded animal is a walrus, sea otter, or polar bear, call the the Marine Mammals Management Office of the US Fish and Wildlife Service in Anchorage (1-800-362-5148 FREE, business hours) or the Alaska SeaLife Center in Seward (1-888-774-7325, 24-hrs).